Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ahma Git Up In Yo Promo Budget

So remember how back in July, I found that cool minute-long preview of the spot UltraMantis Black did for the now-defunct wrestlinginterviews.com? Well, I found it so promisingly brilliant that I actually went on a bit of a hunt through various social media to find the full version. The invaluability of Twitter really shone through. My dragnet brought in the following responses. First, from the grungily sexy host:

Wow, legit shocked anyone remembers that! Umm I'm not so much in touch w the guy who was doing them and I guess he hasn't maintained the domain. The free previews might still be up on YouTube? Honestly i wish I had copies myself!

Not much new info there. Then, from the man(tis) himself:

Probably! Contact that con-man, Vin Gerard.

Aha! And the former Equinox proved as slippery as the soap he never uses, but finally I got a response from him:

Tell @highspots to give me the money they owe me for affiliate marketing on that site and you got a deal.

Ugh. And here's where the trail is likely to turn cold. HighSpots does not appear to be anything resembling an approachable entity, and even if they were, why on earth would they ever acquiesce to paying Mr. Gerard his money so that one guy can see a video that was made years ago?


The answer: threats of litigation. I'm getting lawyers on their ass. And if I can't get lawyers, I'm getting lawyer stationery and forging very angry legal threats FedExed to their address in Charlotte, NC. And if that doesn't work, I'm getting Larry Perkins to stop by and shake 'em down. Or at least make a couple calls.

2 comments:

  1. Vin Gerard isn't New World Television, tell him to just release the Wonder Years DVD already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just send him threatening letters too and see who buckles first.

    ReplyDelete