Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Video Games Are The New Sunlight

As I mentioned previously, I’m on a four-year streak of strictly rocking video game characters for Halloween. And, while I would absolutely embrace Project UMB whether the streak would be kept alive or not, there is an excellent chance that by Halloween, UltraMantis Black will, in fact, be a video game character:





In charge of creating this masterpiece is Rogue Brains, a newly-formed game development company whose members have worked on such projects as Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War, Empire Earth III, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Red Dead Redemption, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online and others. Through the production blog on the site as well as their Facebook and Twitter feeds, the team at Rogue Brains has been running updates on their progress. They seem genuinely invested in the vision here, and I am certainly excited to see what they come up with.

The latest copy of The Official Playstation Magazine has an article on Rudo Resurrection which I’m very keen to read. Hopefully my local newsstand can help me out because I’m not subscribing to a magazine promoting a console I don’t own, nor will I ever own unless Rudo Resurrection doesn’t come out on XBox 360.

Initial reports said the game was slated for release in Fall 2010, but CHIKARA officials have made it known through their online forum that while that is the time frame they are aiming at, they will not release it until it is perfect. I'm glad their dedication to this game's quality stands equal to that towards the rest of their product.

No comments:

Post a Comment