Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 47: Yes! You Thought Otherwise!

So, here we are, nearly at the end of the road. Tomorrow night is party #4, and my final stop. I hope there are more pictures taken at this one than there were at party #3, of which I have seen zero. Hopefully some will crop up later. Tell you what though, #3 was my favorite so far. UltraMantis Black teamed up with Little John to dish out some punishment at the Beirut table and slung on a bass guitar to jam it out with Chet Wingspan on drums and some Hindu from Saturday Night Fever on gee-tar. After what felt like an hour and a half, I looked up and it was 3:30 AM. Great party.

On the vegan front, well, it's going. Not easily. I'd expected it to be harder at the outset, and then easier as time went on. Instead, it's turning out the opposite way. Way back around Day 9, veganism was an exciting new world where blue was yellow and the sky was filled with oceans. Now blue is blue but all my suits are brown, and it's just raining all the damn time. Even places like the Green House in Collingswood, NJ or Sticky Rice on H Street in Washington, DC, which do amazing things with vegan cuisine, increasingly just instill me with a craving for meat. Something like this:

We'll reassess on Sunday morning. Anyway, CHIKARA update! UltraMantis Black bravely led his squadron into battle against the vile BDK at the Dark Ciberknetico. UMB did a tremendous job with the heavy lifting, eliminating his former slave/teammate Delirious as well as BDK frontman Ares with devastating Praying Mantis Bombs. In the end, it came down to Eddie Kingston and Tursas, and Kingston won, also managing to be the first wrestler in CHIKARA ever to knock Tursas down. I would have liked to see a different outcome, as I'm not the biggest fan of Kingston, but the important thing is that UMB's plan to defeat the BDK succeeded. We'll now see how the aftermath turns out, as he'll now be facing Ares one-on-one in a falls-count-anywhere match in Philadelphia on November 21st, and his 2010 Cibernetico and long-lost Dark Breed teammate Hallowicked (at BDK Director of Fun Dieter Von Stiegerwalt's cruel whim) at the season finale in Reading on December 12.

Now then...remember, way back in July when I put up that trailer for the wrestlinginterviews.com UltraMantis Black interview? How about in August when I tracked down its source and the obstacles keeping it from the adoring masses? Well...it seems that when Project UMB brings all its weapons to bear, none can long withstand its barrage of annoying pesterings!* It give me immense joy to present to you...THE COMPLETE WRESTLINGINTERVIEWS.COM ULTRAMANTIS BLACK INTERVIEW!!

Pottsie's hot dogs?? If he's talking about the same Pottsie's that I'm thinking of, the only one in southeastern Pennsylvania (or, uh, the world) to my knowledge, he may have grown up within about three miles of my own ancestral home...

Wow. I wish I could have seen this earlier in the project, I would have done a few things differently. I did pretty much nail the breakfast, though.

Watching this entire interview has made me burst out in amazed laughter at many points, but maybe my loudest would have been at his response to the "favorite villains growing up" question.

*Seriously, thanks to ChikaraThemes for presumably prying this from Vin Gerard's cold, dead hands.

1 comment:

  1. My friend, this whole thing is friggin' hilarious. Thanks for sharing your adventures with the world.

    ReplyDelete