Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 8: Release The Rice-A-Roni From Cruel Captivity

Finally, early on Day 7, I was able to back the truck up to the grocery store and just load my poor sedan down with vegan-friendly cousine. And today, I had my first PBJ in...I don't even know how long. And it was delicious.

There's a birthday in the office, and on Day 10 we're going to a BBQ-type joint for lunch. These are people that don't know me very well yet, and mmmmmmaybe one of the first personal things they find out about me shouldn't be the finer details of Project UMB, which might just come forth once I order a house salad sans cheese amidst their bleeding ribs and cheeseburgers and such. We'll see how it goes.

So tonight, being deprived for the first time in nearly 2 years of the pleasure of cooking the San Francisco Treat for my evening repast, I turned instead to a recipe for vegan chili recently thrown together for me by a friend of mine over at this inebriate-friendly cooking blog. Despite my total lack of cooking instinct, it was good enough to get a decent-tasting dish out of me. Oh, I was missing an ingredient or two, and I threw some pasta in to account for the lack of thickening that meat's supposed to cause (apparently they call that "Cincinnati Chili"), but on the whole it turned out very well, and that's now 8 days in the books that I am getting by just fine without the pillaged spoils of Kingdom Animalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment