Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 4

So, here we are. Been going pretty strong since Monday, so far, so good. I haven't even been craving meat, but as I posit about all cravings, once you want something even more that is mutually exclusive of that craving, it's the easiest thing in the world to avoid.

I also started the new job on Monday, so changing my environment helped with the dietary transition. There's a bunch of food places downstairs, which fortunately have kept me stocked with lunches on hummus stuff and salads and the like. And I have enjoyed them. But they are EXPENSIVE as hell.

Normally I'd bring my lunch, but my local supermarket has seen fit to spend the WHOLE DAMN WEEK resurfacing their parking lot. Open spaces are hard enough to come by but now it's just impossible, and for once it's the kind of trip where I need all the space in my car. Or at least more space than a backpack or three. I'm gonna have to take care of that come Saturday (Day 6), or else I will go broke in a big effing hurry.

Dinners have been even more costly but more delicious as well. Crystal City's famous Kabob Palace does more than skewer God's beasts, they make awesome rice and chick peas. Unfortunately I also have to pass up their sauce, it's like tzaziki, I forget what they call it but it's really good, unfortunately it involves yogurt. Oh, and then last night I walked into a pizza joint and got a tomato pie, just pizza without cheese, and had em throw on some mushrooms and onions. Fact: Liked it more than most cheese pizza I've ever had.

Cereal and soy milk is pretty delicious. Haven't been drinking much coffee because I'm trying to become less dependent, but I still drink some. And that means that I have now become that guy I always made fun of at Starbucks, ordering his Grande Soy Latte and getting snippy when they've run out of raw sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment