Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 34: Surface Tension

Party #2 is tonight, 150 miles north of my current position. I'm chomping my nails (we've been over this, cannibalism is vegan) in anxiety because the costume was due to arrive in the mail yesterday and is not here yet. CanadaPost claims it was checked into the delivery facility this morning. The daily mail hasn't come to the apartment building yet today. The post office itself is closed. I have one chance.

But I have gotten ahead of the story, which I have been unable to keep this blog updated with. Doing so will keep my mind off the pressure of the situation.

Thank Baphomet For NAFTA
If you've seen the many videos and such I have posted and linked here depicting your favorite insectoid luchador and mine, you know that his is a wardrobe that cannot be emulated by a trip to any typical retail establishment, or even an extraordinary retail establishment. The vast majority of the costume requires a custom job. Custom-made clothes. Just like that.



Fortunately, I happen to have an existing working relationship with an entity capable of producing this. I speak of Fae's Fashions, a one-woman operation based in the Toronto area. I first got in touch with "Fae" in 2008, when I had set my heart on rocking the Travis Touchdown persona for Halloween. Observe the subject:

Fae was the only one I encountered in my internet searchings that had successfully reproduced Mr. Touchdown's trademark jacket.

I immediately contracted her services, and the jacket was everything I'd hoped it would be. Naturally, then, she was my go-to when this year's goal became apparent.

Oop, the USPS just arrived, with a rather large box from Canada for me. It's time to do this. But before I go, it would be rude of me to not post any gems from Party #1 before leaving for Party #2. Here's a couple.


1 comment: